Are you sure?
I work in retail sales in a high end department store. The other day I had a customer ask if we carried draperies. "No, I'm sorry, we don't." "You don't? Really?" "No, we don't. But you can try ABC Department store." "But YOU don't carry them?" "No, I am really sorry but we don't." "You sure?" "No, I'm not sure, I've been working here for only 5 years and not completely familiar with what we carry. But if you can wait a minute I will page a manager, maybe they would know." "Ok, thanks!"
The area I work in is directly off the escalator. At the top of the escalator there is a pillar with an arrow pointing to the restrooms. As customers arrive at the top, they look at the sign and then take several steps in that direction. They stop, look at me with confusion and ask, "Where's the bathroom?" "Keep going that way and take the first left." You would think that would be the end of it. But no....they take a step or two more and look at me again. Pointing they say "That way? Through the doors?" Which I find amusing as I am sure I would have said "That way, through the doors." Or they question "Really, you're sure?" "Nope, just joking!"
I was grocery shopping the other day and I thought I would look for Basket Cheese for my dad. Basket Cheese is seasonal and only available in the spring around Easter time. I went up to the cheese counter and asked if they had basket cheese. The person behind the counter replied "No, I'm sorry, we don't." "Are you sure?" "Nope, not sure but if you can wait a minute...."
I guess skepticism is part of human nature!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home