Baby Weight
It has been so many years since I was at my fighting weight. But twenty-seven years and two children later I am now what I would like to classify as a "BBW" (Big, Beautiful Woman). I try to get to the gym for water aerobics as often as possible and it helps, but my penchant for rich food negates most of the excercise.
I remember being in the locker room of those fancy chain fitness centers about ten years ago, in my sweats, debating whether to chance a shower there or head home where I knew I wouldn't contract any kind of fungal disease. In walked two women who looked like they just stepped out of a fashion magazine. They had just finished their work out but weren't even sweating.
"I am having such a hard time shedding all this baby weight," stated one of the women.
"Me too," said the other one, "it has been 5 months and I can't seem to get rid of the last five pounds!"
Combined they couldn't have weighed 200 pounds. I knew I had to say something.
"I know what you mean, I have been having the same problem." I interjected.
"How old is your baby?" they asked in unison.
"Sixteen years old next week!" I exclaimed, doubling over in waves of laughter.
I've seen more expression on a brick wall! I picked up my change of cloths and went home.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home